Job title: Analytical Lab Technician
Location: Elgin, Scotland
Hours: 37hours per week
Type of employment: Temporary - 1 month cover
Are you an Analytical Technician with knowledge in distillation and malting processes? Do you have practical experience in key analytical techniques and demonstrated leadership skills?
If yes then this role is for you. You will be working to facilitate delivery, as part of a team within a fast paced QA environment, of all the analytical requirements for either malt or spirit production and support technical projects with specific and agreed additional analytical work aimed at achieving continuous improvement in terms of process efficiency.
Key aspect of the role:
- Organise and facilitate the routine analysis required by the maltings and distilleries.
- Work closely with other team members to provide an integrated delivery of analytical support to production sites.
- Develop a proactive partnership with Process Support team members and production sites to support the delivery of the Malt Distilling strategy.
- Actively participate in the delivery of projects aimed at improving process efficiency and quality.
- Proactively investigate deviations out with normal expectations for analytical results.
- Actively participate in continuous learning and development opportunities; within technical or operational environments.
- Great track record of delivering projects within a functional team.
- Practical experience and knowledge with the following analytical methods & techniques: Wet Chemistry, GC, HPLC, ISE, AA.
- Knowledge of laboratory information systems.
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements relating to laboratory work.
- Knowledge of the malting and distilling process would be beneficial.
- Cross-category sensory & analytical experience would be beneficial.
- Motivated, resilient and open-minded
Click the link to apply! Or call Lucy on 0158 228 7875 at SRG for further information. Or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key words: analytical / distillation / malting / technician / laboratory / GC / HPLC / ISE / project / QA
your application has been submitted