Development Chemist required in Greater Manchester. Requiring proven industrial experience of hands on formulation and development of solvent and aqueous based products with a range of backgrounds considered including detergents, solvents, surfactants, cleaning products, inks, paints and coatings or other formulations.
Title: Development Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with an industry leading supplier of industrial chemical products, who are currently seeking a Development Chemist to join their formulation team at their site based in Greater Manchester. This role will involve supporting with development projects of both new and existing formulations. A range of backgrounds can be considered including experience of formulation within any solvent or aqueous based products including detergents, surfactants, cleaning products, inks, paints, coatings or other formulations.
Benefits: You will join a well-established and successful business as part of a small formulation team. 35 working hours per week, 9:00am - 5:00pm (with flexibility), Monday to Friday. 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, on-site parking and workplace pension.
- Supporting with development of new and existing formulations
- Providing technical support and training to customers as required
- Assisting with trials of the development of products
- Providing manufacturing support during the scale-up of new products to production
- Supporting and liaising with analytical department as and when required (any experience of GC-MC, HPLC, FTIR or any other analytical techniques is advantageous but not essential)
- Degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Proven industrial experience of formulating and developing solvent or aqueous based products
- Able to manage own projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulation, formulating, coating, industrial, inks, paint, surfactants, solvent, aqueous, cleaning products, detergents
your application has been submitted