R&D Chemist required on a permanent basis in Greater Manchester. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or a related field and proven laboratory/industrial experience. Formulation experience within paints/pigments/inks/coatings highly desirable.
Title: R&D Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £19,000 - £23,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a well-established manufacturer of speciality paints & coatings based in Greater Manchester. As they see their success continue, they are now looking to expand and are seeking a R&D Chemist to join their small technical team. This exciting role would be suitable for a R&D Chemist with 2-3 years' experience looking to take the next step in their career, or for recent graduates with industrial experience.
Benefits: An excellent opportunity to join a well-established company that can offer genuine long term development opportunities. 37.5 working hours a week, 8:30am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Develop formulations of new and existing products, working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Support process improvement of formulations
- Analysis of raw materials and finished products
- Convert successful formulations into manufacturing instructions, supporting the scale-up from laboratory to production
- Overseeing batch production of products
- A degree or similar qualification in Chemistry or a related field
- Proven industrial laboratory/formulation experience (paints/pigments/inks/coatings background highly desirable)
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and self-motivated
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulation, formulating, coating, paint, decorative, industrial, construction coatings, elastomer, rubber, latex, silicone, coating, polymer, resin, adhesive, sealant, filler
your application has been submitted