Job Title: Analytical Chemist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Duration: 12 months + Extensions
Pay Rate: Up to £17.09 an hour (circa £32,000 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading who are currently seeking a Analytical Chemist to play a central role in the practical development and application of specialised analytical and characterisation techniques. Working at our international research and development site, you will be a key member of the Product Characterisation Group (PCG) providing analytical science solutions for colleagues both on site and elsewhere within the organisation.
You will provide specialist analytical methodology and data for agrochemical active ingredients and formulated products.
You will be expected to effectively prioritise multiple tasks and deliver results in a rapidly changing analytical landscape.
- Deliver analytical results through your own experimental work and by supporting others.
- Coordinate with other team members and contract laboratories to ensure that relevant and timely experiments are conducted, and that suitable data is available to enable decision making for the project.
- Review data, interpret it, then present and discuss the conclusions with the relevant partners in order to ensure the objectives of the team's work are met and that the scientific and strategic goals of the projects are progressed.
- Devise efficient analytical procedures within the most complex and challenging areas. You will need to conceive, develop and implement new methodologies that significantly impact delivery
- Be customer-focused by actively seeking information relevant to the work in hand and discussing issues and problems with colleagues in the analytical and formulation departments.
- Resolve day to day problems with analytical instruments.
- Plan your own work in collaboration with the team leader and colleagues to meet deadlines, and communicate results obtained in an effective and timely manner. The ability to prepare clear presentations and progress updates for team members is an important part of this role.
- MSc or BSc in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry or a closely related subject and/or significant relevant analytical experience.
- Experience of analytical techniques and methods including LC and GC but knowledge of GPC, GC-MS, LC-MS, spectrophotometry and other techniques might also be valuable.
- A good general understanding of physical and organic chemistry.
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on: Irfan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted