Graduate Product Coordinator required, based in Staffordshire. Requiring a degree in a scientific discipline - Chemistry, Biosciences, Geology, Forensics, Materials or similar. Must have some work experience alongside or after university.
Title: Graduate Product Coordinator
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 per annum
SRG is working with a privately-owned business in Staffordshire specialising in the distribution of chemicals, polymers and minerals to a huge range of UK chemical and materials manufacturers. Sourcing raw materials from global suppliers, they have excellent relationships across the industry and a large portfolio of speciality and commodity products. With a busy year coming up, they are looking to hire a Graduate Product Coordinator to support the product management team with market insights, stock planning and purchasing. The role would suit someone who has graduated in recent years with a scientific degree - this could be in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioscience, Materials, Metallurgy, Geoscience, Geology or similar - and would like to utilise their degree and technical thinking in a more commercial setting.
Benefits: A well-established and successful company offering an opportunity for a graduate to utilise their knowledge and skills in a commercial environment. Full training will be provided and there is great potential for future progression. 37.5 working hours per week, worked 8.45am-5pm Monday to Friday. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, company pension scheme and annual profit-related bonus.
Role / Description
- Providing support to the Product Management team with stock planning, using detailed chemical product knowledge
- Maintaining a detailed market database to facilitate competitor analysis, market pricing and to better understand customer demand
- Building awareness and understanding of domestic and international chemicals markets to refine purchasing decisions and sales forecasting
- Liaising between the Product Management team and the UK Sales team to establish a close relationship and efficient flow of informatio
- Helping to manage the supply chain and flow of goods from purchase to final sale
- Providing product expertise as needed across a range of chemicals and industries including coatings, adhesives, plastics and rubbers
- Coordinating with suppliers to build relationships, understand product information and purchase effectively
- A scientific/technical degree (must have already graduated)
- Work experience alongside or after university in any environment
- An interest in applying technical knowledge in a commercial role
- Genuine passion and interest in chemistry and the chemical industry
- Excellent written/verbal communication and good people skills
- Strong mathematical skills and able to confidently use Excel spreadsheets
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, chemical engineering, materials, bioscience, biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical, metallurgy, geology, geoscience, graduate, chemicals, chemical industry, commercial, purchasing, supply chain, office, stock control, coatings, adhesives, rubbers, plastics, industrial chemistry, product coordinator, retail, customer service, logistics, shipping
your application has been submitted