Process Development Scientist
Pay Rate: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Would you like to work for a leading life sciences company in the London area?
My client are an award winning Biotechnolotgy Company, with state of the art, modern laboratories. They are revolutionising the way biomolecules are manufactured, and to due to continued investment and growth, are looking to hire a Process Development Scientist.
The successful applicant will play an important role in the process development group. This will involve working in a team focussed on a range of projects including manufacturing development, optimisation and validation of production processes, supporting client driven development projects, industrial scale up and technical transfer of methods to third parties/GMP production team.
Qualifications and experience:
- A BSc qualification in Biochemistry / Protein chemistry / Molecular Biology/other relevant discipline.
- Industrial experience of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting ideally a CDMO.
- Familiarity with standard Molecular Biology techniques such as cloning, PCR. mutagenesis and in related specialised DNA characterisation techniques.
- Familiarity with bioprocessing techniques, such as chromatography, tangential flow filtration and filtration.
- Experience in keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments as well as experience of writing technical reports to a good standard.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have an ability to learn new techniques quickly.
- Experience in process characterisation, qualification and validation.Familiarity with the use of enzymatic processes in an industrial setting.
- Experience with taking a risk based approach to process development.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to forge a career in cutting edge science, within a renowned business in London.
Please apply online or call Umul Ahmed on 0203 0964529.
your application has been submitted