Formulation Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring experience of formulating products in the personal care, household care or agrochemicals sectors. An interest in associated regulatory work and product studies is welcomed.
Title: Formulation Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a family-run business in West Yorkshire who were founded over 20 years ago with a goal to develop consumer products with effective and naturally-sourced active ingredients. They have grown significantly in recent years and, with a brand new laboratory, they are now looking to grow their technical team with a new Formulation Chemist. This person will work on new product development and novel product formats, as well as supporting the regulatory aspects of efficacy studies and protocols. This role would be ideal for a degree-qualified Chemist who has gained industrial experience in formulation of personal care, household care or agrochemical products or emulsions. Experience from industrial placement years will be considered.
Benefits: A fantastic opportunity to join the technical function in a forward-thinking company who make a real difference with their products and active ingredients. 35 working hours per week, 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday (some flex on start/finish times). 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, increasing with length of service. Pension auto enrolment & private healthcare after probation.
- Development of new formulations and product formats for novel applications, incorporating active ingredients.
- Working closely with sales, marketing and regulatory teams to design, develop and adapt formulations to customer requirements and market trends
- Testing formulations and R&D samples for feasibility, stability, efficacy, claims substantiation and performance under various conditions in short and long term
- Supporting the Regulatory team with reviews of Efficacy Study plans, protocols and reports to ensure scientific rigour
- Preparing internal scientific reports regarding internal tests and product compliance to regulations
- Conducting routine quality control on raw materials and finished products, as required
- Coordination and review of SDS, C of As and SOPs as necessary
- Providing technical support to internal teams and customers
- Day-to-day laboratory housekeeping and sample preparation for shipping
- Minimum degree in Chemistry, Cosmetic Science or similar
- Proven experience in the formulation of personal care products (cosmetics, skincare, haircare, bodycare, etc.), household hygiene products, agrochemicals, emulsions or similar
- Interest or willingness to be involved in regulatory work surrounding efficacy studies and scientific reporting
- Good report-writing skills and attention to detail
- Proactive attitude and good team-working skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, formulation, stability testing, efficacy, cosmetic, personal care, household care, repellent, skincare, lotion, cream, wipe, chemical, topical, dermal, hair-care, body-care, wash products, aerosol, encapsulation, fragrance, perfume, pesticide, agrochemical, emulsion, BSc, MChem, MSc, degree, Chemistry, Cosmetic Science, regulatory, regulation, compliance
your application has been submitted