An exciting opportunity has risen for a Business Development Manager to join an innovative organisation that develop Biotech, Agritech and Food & Feed products in the North East. They are looking to hire a candidate who will be providing expert solutions to strategic partners.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Vacancy type: Permanent
Area: UK but offices across the north east of England
Salary: Highly competitive
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Car allowance
- Really attractive pension scheme
- Employees are entitled to permanent health insurance
- Holidays: 25 days paid holiday per leave year plus 8 Public Bank
- Accident and life insurance: The company has a personal accident and life insurance scheme for all employees which is three times your annual salary
SRG is working with an innovative biotech organisation who are expanding their Business Development Team. The role is a critical part of the business and the successful candidate will engage, grow and manage a client pipeline encompassing organisations ranging from universities and SMEs to global companies. We are looking for someone who wants to develop long-term, sustainable, collaborative partnerships, managing networks and stakeholder relationships both internal and external.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To execute plans to grow income in focus areas in alignment with company strategy and key target metrics.
- To develop sustainable collaborative partnerships (for example with companies, universities, innovation centres) to enable the effective delivery of the Business Unit's business development and technical strategies.
- To find new business opportunities by prospecting, such as through trade events and by contacting relevant companies; and by leveraging existing client relationships.
- To exploit networks (including public funding mechanisms) to enable efficient and proactive identification and prioritisation of project opportunities.
- To support the translation of the technical capability offering to clients.
- Educated to either a HNC, Foundation Degree or Degree level in a Scientific/ Engineering or Business Related discipline and significant industrial experience.
- Significant expertise of working within the Biotech, Food & Drink or Agritech markets.
We are looking for an individual who has experience of business / collaboration development in a technical organisation. The candidate will be expected to generate leads and secure contracts, and develop a deep understanding of clients' needs and challenges. Liaising closely with the scientific team to develop high-quality, creative commercial proposals is a key part of the role. The candidate will be expected to have an appreciation of the challenges in the development, optimisation and commercial scale-up of biotech processes, products and technologies. Therefore we will also consider applications from outstanding biologists, biochemists, chemists, biochemical engineers, microbiologists, and other life scientists who have already worked in a customer-facing role, and who are looking to take the next step in their career.
Interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Behruz Sheikh on 0161 868 2202 or email email@example.com.
your application has been submitted