Job Title: Team Manager
Location: North Yorkshire
Employment Term: Permanent
SRG are working with an International Research Organisation who are currently recruiting a Team Manager for their Virology team. The company is currently expanding due to a significant increase in government requirements post EU Exit. The key objectives in this role are to manage and develop each team member and ensure that the company provides high quality services to all their customers.
- Day-to-day Managing a team of 10-15 new and experience Scientists, including being the first point of contact for any issues they may have a figuring out solutions
- Manage and prioritise team members' workloads/outputs and ensuring projects are delivered on time while guaranteeing levels of quality are being hit
- Complete performance reviews and hold monthly one-to-ones with each team member to drive continuous improvement and development
- Proactive identification of performance issues, providing feedback and coaching
- Ensure all team members are trained in and adhere to the relevant H&S / accreditation requirements and SOPs.
- Support and encourage innovation in new services and in improving current services to increase both profitability and quality.
- Monitor costs of delivery across the services the team provides.
This will be ideal for either a scientist with a strong passion for managing people and communication skills to take your career to the next level, or someone who has management skills gained in a science environment with a passion for science.
- Minimum degree (or equivalent) in a science related subject e.g. virology or molecular biology
- Managerial or supervisory experience is essential
- Experience of working within collaborative science teams
- Project management skills
- A strong understanding of Laboratory Health & Safety and QMS (e.g. ISO9001/ISO17025)
- Practical IT skills - Microsoft Word and Excel.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
your application has been submitted