Job Title: Computational Chemist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: Until end of 2021
Pay Rate: Up to £17.50 an hour (circa £32,760 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading who are currently seeking a Computational Chemist to assist in building the molecular models for the agrochemical systems.
As a Computational Chemist you will need a sound understanding of the underpinning physics and be proficient in the use at least one molecular modelling technique, such as molecular dynamics, dissipative particle dynamics, discrete element method.
- Plan and carry out modelling and the data science work to meet the project targets and timescales
- Process & interpret results as directed by the manager in order to progress work plans.
- Investigate and establish the best modelling methodology, in consultation with the manager, to give fundamental understanding of the physical processes involved in the system under investigation.
- Record all the work in the electronic lab notebooks and prepare for approval of the appropriate sections of the technical reports and memoranda to disseminate and record the results and conclusions of the modelling work.
- Carry out literature searches and of computerised databases to drive improvements in the modelling capability of the group.
- MSc or PhD within Mathematical Biology, Biophysics, Computational Chemistry or a relevant scientific subject.
- Proven knowledge in computational chemistry, computational biophysics, molecular modelling, computer-aided drug design or a closely related area
- Experience in at least one programming or scripting language such as Perl, Python, R, C++, Java, SQL
- Experience with Linux/Unix or high-performance computing systems
- Basic understanding of the fundamental principles underpinning molecular processes
- Good understanding of data collection, manipulation and presentation.
- Good communication skills
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on: Irfan.email@example.com.
your application has been submitted