This a predominantly lab-based role working on the development and optimisation of all aspects of antibody production, from hybridoma growth, through purification and conjugation, to functional testing. The role will initially be supervised and directed by senior team members, but increasing autonomy will be encouraged. Training will be given in all required techniques. Job Responsibilities
- Tissue culture and re-cloning.
- Antibody purification by chromatography.
- Conjugation to labels including existing and new fluorophores.
- QC testing of antibodies in appropriate applications.
- Generation of transfected cell lines.
- Planning of projects and use of Design of Experiment methodology
- Writing project reports.
Skills, Knowledge and AbilitiesWorking experience in one or more of:
- Antibody application techniques (Flow cytometry, ELISA, Western blot).
- Expression cloning and generation of transfected cell lines.
- Protein purification using Chromatography systems.
- Tissue culture (> 1L culture volumes).
- Protein Conjugation.
- Post graduate experience in an industrial or academic laboratory.
- Good level of scientific numeracy and problem solving ability.
- Competence in Microsoft Excel.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
your application has been submitted