Engineering Technical Operator
Title: Engineering Technical Operator / Engineering Technician / Maintenance Engineer
Shift: Weekend Shift / Friday - Sunday or Saturday - Monday / 7am to 7pm
Salary: £28k - £33k
Benefits: Yearly bonus
Based within the packaging department working weekend shift, this is an opportunity to work for one of the biggest companies in the world based within the fast paced packaging department.
Experience within pharmaceutical sector is not necessary.
- Set up batches and book materials checking all details against batch documentation. Complete equipment changes overs.
- Operate the line, monitoring reject levels and responding to machine stoppages (identifying issues where possible including machine repairs, escalating and replenishing components (labels, leaflets and cartons etc.) ensuring continuous production is maintained.
- To take part in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective and Preventative Actions processes.
- To order components from the warehouse to ensure adequate supplies are maintained.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Work within compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), reporting any quality issues.
- Act in a safe manner at all times (H&S at Work Act, and all other relevant legislation), using safety reporting systems to highlight potential hazards.
- To take part in 'continuous improvement' activities highlighting improvements to equipment and processes.
- To carry out all cleaning activities specified in area.
- First point of call in diagnosing mechanical breakdowns on Packing lines and associated equipment assisting engineers
- NVQ Level 2 in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- GCSE Mathematics & English or equivalent. Basic computer literacy.
- Whilst manufacturing experience is not essential it is preferred.
- An understanding of and adherence to standards to ensure safety, quality & performance in manufacturing operations within a highly regulated environment.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Fraser on 0161 868 2202
If you have an engineering background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
your application has been submitted