Laboratory Technician required, based in Derbyshire. Requiring a degree in Chemistry (or similar) and ideally, some experience of colour matching and formulation development. Use of injection moulding also highly desirable.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Salary: £18,000-£25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a leading supplier of colour and additive masterbatches and liquid dispersions to the rubber, plastics and surface coating industries. Looking to grow the Technical Team, they are currently looking for a Laboratory Technician to join the QC and Development Laboratory. This exciting role would be suitable for a highly self-motivated individual with proven hands-on experience in a plastics technology laboratory environment. Trained colourists are encouraged to apply. Any knowledge and understanding of extrusion and injection moulding processes are also highly desirable.
Benefits: Joining a highly successful technical team in a busy and fast-paced laboratory environment and excellent potential for career progression in the business. 20 days holiday + 8 banks holidays.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:00pm (with flexibility).
Role / Description
- Supporting a range of short and long-term R&D projects within formulation work, colour-matching and other areas
- Assisting with QC of raw materials and finished products, using standard and in-house test methods
- Making recommendations, additions and corrections to batches as needed for production
- Carrying out tests on retained production samples and/or customer samples to investigate product queries/complaints
- Making modifications to existing formulations as necessary dependent on investigation outcomes
- Providing verbal & written reports of development work, test results and product investigations
- Contributing to laboratory upkeep - preparing solutions, ordering supplies, ensuring material stocks are up-to-date
- Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Chemical Engineering or similar
- Industrial laboratory experience (or placement) gained in the chemical industry - ideal products may include paints, coatings, inks, pigments, polymers, resins, plastics, lubricants, adhesives, emulsions, colloids, or similar.
- Colour matching and masterbatching experience desirable
- Experience of extrusion, open milling and injection moulding also highly desirable
- Good communications skills and attention to detail
- Able to interpret technical data, conduct presentation and contribute to technical reports
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: formulation, product development, R&D, formulation chemist, development chemist, chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulating, colour, colour matching, masterbatch, QC, injection moulding, open milling, extrusion, colourist, polymer, plastic, rubber, coating, surface coating, dispersion, liquid dispersion, additive
your application has been submitted