Scientist - Assay Development
#molecularassay #qPCR #nutrition #health #genetics #sequencing
Working for a truly unique and innovative organisation who have experienced great growth in the past 18 months, you will be working to design, develop and optimise molecular assays to better identify genetic factors in human nutrition and health.
Key role requirements:
- Working in a busy, fluid team of scientists to design and optimise assay panels
- Interpret data, feed back into the assay creation process and troubleshoot functionality issues as they arise
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams to support the development of an assay platform and add subject matter expertise to other areas of the business
- Design q-PCR primers and probes for human SNP's and diagnostic assays for infective diseases
- Design primer/probe for alternative isothermal amplification methods, eg LAMP, RPA
- Support assay development from bench to integration onto the digital platform and user interface
- Presentation of work in progress, data findings, QC issues, project updates - to the wider team
- BSc Degree or higher in a relevant Biology based discipline
- Proven industry experience working within molecular assay development, 2 years minimum
- Accustomed to working in entrepreneurial environments, with independence and strong team-ethos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to interrogate data and identify elegant solutions to complex problems
Does this represent you and your next job move?
Are you able to work in London?
Do you want to contribute to a more healthy future for humans, guided by individual biology?
Contact me for further information on this exciting new role: email@example.com / 01223 607858
your application has been submitted