QC Administration Assistant required, based in Cheshire West. Requiring experience with technical documentation and administration in chemicals, pharmaceutical, medical device manufacture or similar. Scientific degree and/laboratory experience beneficial.
Title: QC Administration Assistant
Location: Cheshire West
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 per annum + benefits
Term: Initially temporary (3-6 months), with a view to permanent
SRG is working with a well-respected, innovative business who manufacture speciality chemicals and additives for downstream industries. They are now looking for a QC Administration Assistant to join the team at their site in Cheshire - initially in a temporary role, with a view to a permanent contract after 3-6 months. The role will involve using IT systems such as Microsoft Dynamics AX, LIMS and Microsoft Office to input technical data, as well as compare, monitor and approve documentation, liaising with various departments as needed. It would be an ideal role for an experienced technical/QC/QA administrator or perhaps someone looking to transition out of the lab and utilise their technical/scientific knowledge in a desk-based role.
Benefits: Joining a supportive QC department in a highly successful business. Excellent potential to transfer onto a permanent contract upon successful performance in temporary period. 38 working hours, 8.40am-5.00pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days. Permanent benefits include enhanced pension scheme, private healthcare, share save scheme and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Checking and comparing Certificates of Approval (CoA) against specifications for raw material approval, inputting data as needed for relabelled products
- Generating and approving CoA for downstream customers
- Setting up records in the AX system for new products, assigning appropriate specifications, QC test requirements and CoA requirements
- Inputting and transferring data into system for production orders
- Approving documented QC results, interpreting external test result reports and entering quality orders for finished products
- Monitoring and maintaining QC results spreadsheets and production control charts for accuracy, raising issues as required
- Raising non-conformances for missing data, incorrect documentation or out-of-specification results
- Liaising with production, supply chain and other departments by phone and through the QC inbox to respond to queries, resolve issues and ensure smooth dispatch of products
- Supporting the QMS, partaking in audits (GMP, ISO 9001, customer) as required
- Experience in creating, reviewing or approving technical/quality control documentation in a manufacturing environment (chemicals/pharmaceuticals/medical devices or similar)
- Previous use of IT Systems such as LIMS, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar
- Specific experience in technical administration, QA or working in the laboratory beneficial
- Scientific degree preferred (other qualifications will still be considered)
- Excellent attention to detail, able to identify and challenge anomalies
- High level of accuracy and good organisation skills
- Able to communicate effectively with people at various levels of an organisation
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: QC admin, quality control, QC, quality assurance, QA, administration, technical administrator, technical documentation, LIMS, SAP, AX, Microsoft, Certificate of Analysis, specification, raw material approval
your application has been submitted