An exciting opportunity has risen for an Assay Development Lead to join a world leading Molecular Diagnostics Applications Company in the North East. As a result of their continued success, they are looking to hire an Assay Development Scientist to lead the team who are instrumental in helping to develop products that innovate the molecular diagnostics workflow.
Job Title: Assay Development Lead
Vacancy type: Permanent
Area: North East
The role is a critical part of the business, you will be responsible for leading the Assay Development team in design, development and delivery of assays for commercialisation including, but not limited to; sample processing, DNA/RNA extraction, PCR and qPCR.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Responsible for leading all aspects of IVD assay design and development.
- Use expert knowledge in molecular assay design and development to deliver a commercialisation pipeline of assays.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional environment with a focus on delivering projects to within timelines.
- Continuously identify and implement process improvements.
- Plan, lead and manage validation activities in line with IVD requirements and review technical files in line with Quality Assurance & Regulatory Assurance.
- Candidates must be qualified to a PhD or an equivalent level of experience in Molecular Biology in an industrial setting.
- Have an in depth knowledge of DNA and RNA amplification techniques, sample processing technologies, molecular assay design and infectious diseases.
- Be a proven leader in managing and organising assay design and development teams.
Are you interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Grace Loughrey on 0161 868 2212 or email email@example.com.
your application has been submitted