Protein Engineer - Senior Scientist
Key words: Enzymology, nucleotides, gene synthesis, molecular science, assay development, HTS screening
Working with a group of highly-skilled scientists within the Enzymatic Gene Synthesis team, this is an exciting opportunity to use your expertise to support the development of a novel gene synthesis platform. Duties cover but are not limited to:
* Development of new enzymes for enzymatic DNA synthesis through the concept and execution of protein engineering strategies
* Process optimisation - screening and characterising new assays for stability and kinetic evaluation
* Process transfer for the early stage result findings to integrated technological development
* Preparing and recording both written and verbal plans and results on the LIMS
* PhD or equivalent in Molecular Science (Molecular Biology, Biosciences, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering - or related)
* Well-developed and up-to-date knowledge of the generation of variant libraries, assay development, HTS screening, enzyme characterisation - highly favourable if from industrial environments
* Capable with analytical techniques such as: capillary electrophoresis, LC-MS, and proficient with computational methods to protein engineering
* Familiar with computational approaches to protein engineering
* An understanding of product development in the context of devices for enzymatic gene synthesis would be advantageous but not essential
* Able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary workforce, with clear and concise communication and a willingness to work both independently and within a busy and dynamic teamSound like your new job?
Does your CV demonstrate the requirements outlined above?
Contact Bec Johnston for a further conversation about this unique opportunity: email@example.com / 01223 607858
your application has been submitted