Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
Purchasing Supervisor (Life Sciences)
Competitive salary & benefits
SRG is delighted to be supporting one of our Cambridge based Biotechnology clients with their search for an experienced Purchasing Manager. Due to their continued growth and success, they are looking to further expand and grow their busy Supply Chain team. Supporting the Materials Manager, you will be responsible for creating effective and robust procedures to ensure all areas of the business have access to the right materials and tools. Combining your proven purchasing experience and supervisory skills, you will lead a small team to achieve ongoing departmental milestones and objectives.
* Purchasing of goods and services as required by the wider business
* Managing and processing ongoing orders and enquires
* Updating and amending all purchasing documentation, ensuring all data is captured and recorded correctly
* Negotiate and identify cost savings for the business
* Create and update departmental SOPs and process workflows
* Monitor and maintain continuous material supplies
* Develop effective external relationships with suppliers to manage and build strong relationships
* Collaborate closely with internal teams to identify business needs and problem solve
* Implement strategic procurement strategies and procedures
* Regularly meet or engage with suppliers to maintain good relationships
* Supervise and mentor a small team with Supply Chain, offering training and team updates
* Ensure all work is performed to the required safety and quality standards
Ideal candidates will hold a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject, such as Life Sciences, Business Management or Supply Chain. Proven procurement/supply chain experience gained within a Life Sciences or Pharmaceutical is essential and candidates must demonstrate proven experience managing supplier contracts within a technical environment. Experience of handling laboratory consumables and equipment is also critical for this role. Candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain excellent supplier relationships. Supervisory and mentoring skills are also required and candidates must provide examples of how they have problem solved and effectively managed their time in busy environments.
If you want to be part of this exciting team growth and really embrace change, then please get in touch to discuss the position further - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 607853.