Are you an experienced Team Lead from the agrochemical sector? I have a fantastic opportunity in Cambridge in the New Market area for an experienced individual looking for their next challenge.
Title: Catlab (aka Kilo lab or kg lab) Team Leader
Rate: £38 to £44 p/h PAYE (~£75k to £85k p.a.)
Contract: 3 month temp, strong likelihood of promotion / moving to perm
Location: Milton, New Market Life Science Technology
My client are global leaders and manufacture agrochemicals such as nitric oxide catalytic fertilisers. Their aim is to create a greener world with cleaner technologies and are currently going though large scale growth. They are looking for a driven individual from the agrochemical, flavours or fragrances sectors but all those with relevant experience are welcome to apply. This particular site houses fuel cells, batch and materials teams. If you have experience in process safety in transfer scale up then this could be for you.
Day to day responsibilities:
- To manage a newly built Kg laboratory ('CatLab'), to develop and manufacture complex homogeneous catalysts products, while providing a leading role in process safety.
- Responsible for managing a Kg Lab facility (CatLab: 20-100L reactors), including the installation and commissioning of equipment, supervision of contractors and maintenance, planning and project managing the production of multi-Kg scale complex ligands and transition metal complexes for supply to customers,
- Leading the CatLab team, closely interacting with the Development Team, the Analytical Team, the Product Specialist and the R&D Director, as well as local EHS and Quality Managers.
- Providing leadership and motivation to the team and developing a smooth working relationship with all other stakeholders.
- Leading process development of new and existing manufacturing processes to Kg scale for the commercial manufacturing of small volume, high value organometallic products, including hands-on laboratory work and analytical work and ensuring full documentation.
- Leading process safety to transfer laboratory scale processes to the KgLab facility (CatLab) or to other facilities or external partners.
- BSc/MSc ChE or M.S./PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent related field.
- Demonstrable industrial experience in Kg Lab or pilot plant
- Proficient understanding of Process Safety
- Demonstrates active awareness of Health & Safety standards
- Ability to plan and execute laboratory work to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent organisational and laboratory housekeeping skills
Personal skills and key competencies
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
- Highly Motivated and driven to deliver in a multi-discipline team environment
- Excellent Team Working abilities
- Proficient IT Skills
- Work standards
- Building collaborative relationships
- Experience in complex organic synthesis and handling of air sensitive compounds on Kg scale
- Ability to run process risk and other hazard evaluations and risk mitigation techniques.
- Hands on experience in instrumentation techniques such as HPLC and NMR spectroscopy.
To apply, submit your CV via the link or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key words: agrochemical / catalytic / fertiliser / pilot / plant / chemical / analytical / chemistry / Cambridge / manage / lead
your application has been submitted