Title: Supply Quality Engineer
Salary: £36,000 - £42,000
SRG is working with a speciality chemicals manufacturer to source a Supply Quality Engineer for their team. As Supply Quality Engineer you will be the point of contact for suppliers, managing queries, coordinating with internal teams for raw material quality, carrying out supplier assessments to improve quality and compliance for effective manufacturing.
Benefits: 24 days holidays increasing to 25 after 1 year service, bonus of 10% p.a, Bupa healthcare coverage (+ family)
- Assessing and improving supplier quality, ensuring raw materials are defective free
- Responsibility for reviewing and ensuring specifications are in place for production raw materials
- Ensure materials supplied are compliant with specifications
- Work closely with suppliers if defects are found to ensure investigations are aligned with company methodologies and expectations to ensure timely containment and corrective and preventative actions
- Take responsibility for supplier corrective actions
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop and improve performance
- Degree in Engineering or Science or similar HNC/HND technical qualification
- Experience of working to ISO9001 / IATF16949
- Ability to work independently to draw results from processes
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively with suppliers
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Sam on 0161 888 2533.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemical, quality, supplier, supply, raw materials, ISO90001, IATF16949, chemicals, manufacturing, supply chain
your application has been submitted