Laboratory Specialist (PCR)
Permanent - Full Time
The starting salary would be adjusted to reflect the degree of experience and training will be provided, if needed.
We are interested to hear from ambitious individuals with extensive experience in PCR testing conducting the end-to-end lab processes from sample receipt, through DNA/RNA extraction to delivery of PCR data.
- Initial project to design and set up the PCR department with support from the main laboratory.
- Participate in the day to day running of the diagnostic laboratory.
- Responsibility and accountability for your own work.
- Using your knowledge and experience to deliver the service.
- Work with other staff to identify and address your own learning needs.
- Complete duties that may not be in your day-to-day workflow.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Ideally PhD or BSc in a related subject.
- Significant years' of experience or HNC in Medical Laboratory Sciences. Veterinarians (DVM) will also be considered for this position.
- Previous experience in a diagnostic veterinary laboratory and knowledge of infectious diseases testing would be preferred but is not strictly needed.
- Skills and direct experience with all aspects of PCR testing are required.
- Be self-motivated, organized, team player, and independent worker.
- Reliable, hard-working, strong communication skills with good customer services.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 17:30, flexibility is required.No work on weekend and Bank Holidays.
To apply please click the link! For further questions please call Bal on 0121 728 8455 to discuss.
your application has been submitted