2 Graduate Account Managers in Chemicals required, based in Manchester. Requiring BSc in Chemistry or similar & experience of engaging with customers
2 Graduate Account Managers in Chemicals required, based in Manchester. Requiring a degree in Chemistry or similar and previous experience of engaging with customers in a technical, commercial, retail or telesales role.
Title: Graduate Account Manager - Chemicals x2
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
SRG is working with a well-established business and leading name in the distribution of speciality chemical raw materials, additives and modifiers to the polymer and related industries. Partnered with suppliers globally, they have excellent relationships across the industry and customers mainly in the UK and Europe. Moving into 2021, they are now looking to enhance the team with 2 new Graduate Account Managers to focus on managing and developing existing customers, building relationships, and identifying potential new business opportunities. This role would be ideally suited to a Chemistry (or similar) graduate who would prefer a role outside of the lab and has some experience of engaging with customers - perhaps in a commercial, retail or telesales role or in a technical sales/service capacity.
Benefits: A financially stable and very successful company offering an opportunity for a graduate to utilise their scientific degree in a commercial environment. Full training will be provided, as well as personal and professional development opportunities. Office-based, 37.5 working hours, 8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, company pension scheme and annual bonus.
Role / Description
- Managing and supporting up to 200 existing customers in the industrial chemical industry with their current & future raw materials requirements
- Working with senior managers to devise business development strategies and goals
- Building relationships & engaging with commercial & technical contacts across customers in elastomers, thermoplastics, coatings, construction chemicals & more
- Information gathering via customer calls, online research & market engagement to identify commercial opportunities
- Identifying, qualifying & quantifying potential leads for new business with existing customers
- Prioritising and following up new business leads
- Developing a pipeline of business opportunities with existing customers
- Undertaking business development via phone calls to new prospective customers
- Contributing ideas & technical input for marketing campaigns
- Networking & connecting with customer base through LinkedIn, attending expos & industry events
- Maintaining an awareness of industry trends & emerging technologies to remain competitive & proactively adapt supply chain & product offering
- Reporting on business development pipeline, budgets and forecasts
- Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar
- Experience of engaging with customers in a commercial environment (telesales, retail, customer service, etc.) or in a technical capacity (technical sales, technical service)
- An interest in applying technical knowledge in a commercial role
- Confident communication and excellent relationship building skills
- Well organised and self-motivated, able to use and apply initiative
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, polymer science, materials science, commercial, office, account manager, sales, technical sales, business development, telesales, retail, technical service, technical support, lead generation, customers, marketing, customer service