SRG have partnered up with a CDMO which will be a game changer, bringing the UK to the forefront of the global biopharmaceutical manufacturing market. This organisation aims to be at the heart of UK innovators, bringing to life the notion of a uniquely agile and customer-focused, large scale biopharmaceuticals development and manufacturing operation, in the UK.
Title: Director of MSAT
Location: North West of England
Really attractive salary
Benefits: Great bonus, relocation package, attractive pension and more
The Director of Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MSAT) will be a key member of the site leadership team, responsible for leading, planning and coordinating MSAT activities, whilst supporting the successful development and transition of product candidates for antibody therapies, from the laboratory to clinical and commercial supply, for the organisation's strategic partner products and programmes.
- Define MSAT's strategic direction to establish, grow and maintain excellence in commercial and clinical antibody process development, manufacturing and supply.
- Accountable for leading MSAT: setting clear performance expectations; prioritising work; setting and managing departmental budget; coaching, mentoring and pastoral support; recruitment; training and performance management; setting organisational structure
- Provide technical and scientific leadership across the business, influencing internal and external stakeholders and shaping key business decisions
- Engage with client-focused programme teams and strategic partners to ensure projects are planned, executed and delivered
- Oversee MSAT activities focused on manufacturing support & trouble-shooting (across all stages of manufacture including aseptic processing and fill/finish) for investigation of process failures, quality incidents, deviations, corrective/preventative action plans, and change controls
- Conduct new manufacturing technology evaluations to drive process improvements and achieve development goals. Foster interactions with academia, suppliers, and / or industry based groups to provide innovative solutions for antibody cell-culture manufacturing
- Lead cross-functional team focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence, improving efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong knowledge and experience of bioprocess development, scale-up and GMP manufacturing (including large scale mammalian cell culture support)
- Extensive experience in biopharmaceutical/biologics manufacturing and/or process development/scale-up
- Experience of developing robust and scalable GMP compliant processes for antibody therapy, cell therapy, viral vectors, vaccines, or biological products; including knowledge spanning upstream and downstream technologies
- Significant experience of technology transfer, management of CRO's/CMOs and/or GMP manufacturing, providing technical expertise to assist troubleshooting issues, during technical transfer or routine production
- In-depth understanding and experience in all aspects of the process development lifecycle including Quality by Design (QbD), process characterisation studies, and validation of the manufacturing process/facilities/equipment including control strategy development.
- Experience in sterile manufacturing, aseptic processing, and/or fill & finish
SRG is the UK's number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Behruz Sheikh at email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Behruz on 0161 868 2202.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: MSAT, Process Development, Process Improvement, Tech Transfer, cGMP, process characterization, Process validation, fermentation processes, process design
your application has been submitted