SRG are recruiting for a Site Chemist in the West Midlands. The company services a range of sectors including chemical and hazardous waste. This is a permanent position with a competitive salary.
Responsibilities of this Site Chemist will be:
- Providing technical assistance for clients and other company personnel
- Ensuring all wastes are handled in a safe and compliant manner
- Safe and timely checking of incoming and outgoing wastes
- Ensuring maximum profitability is achieved by bulking/re-packing of waste and that this is carried out in a safe and timely manner and all relevant paperwork is completed
- Ensuring non-conformances are raised upon receipt and rectified within 5 days
- Assisting the Transfer Station Manager in controlling material flows through the site and ensuring container stocks are maintained to ensure delays and backlogs are minimised
- Maintaining a high level of housekeeping in all areas and ensure any housekeeping activities are carried out in an effective and timely manner
As a Site Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- HNC or equivalent qualification in Chemistry, or higher - essential requirement (degree preferred)
- Prior industrial waste experience strongly desired
- To be able to communicate effectively - both written and oral
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV.For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Tom Matthews on 0121 728 8451If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch.
your application has been submitted