Job Title: Senior Development Chemist
Location: North West
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a leading supplier of FMCG products who specialise in the production of Personal care, cosmetic and pharmaceutical products. They are currently looking for a Senior Development Chemist to develop new product formulations ensuring compliance with both regulatory and customer requirements. Set in an Idyllic surroundings, this position offers the opportunity to join a leading company who are highly specialised in their field.
- Responsible for the day to day workload of the development lab and technicians in conjunction with other Senior Development Chemists, ensuring deadlines for submissions are met
- Design, develop and prepare cosmetic and toiletry formulations to meet project briefs and budgets provided
- Ensuring all products are in line with legislative guidelines
- Carry out scale-up from lab to production of in-house formulated products
- Work with different department including Marketing, Operations and Quality, to ensure all progress from projects is communicated
- Liaise directly with raw material suppliers to maintain knowledge base of trends, availability and functionality
- Discuss directly with manufacturing and process development departments to assist in the handover process of new products to full scale production
- Advise on any scale-up issues and process improvement
- Provide technical support internally and to external customers as required
- Ensure all paperwork is documented to required guidelines (GMP /regulatory)
- Minimum BSc or equivalent in Cosmetic Science or related subject
- At least 5 years' experience in formulating and developing cosmetics or personal care products i.e. bath, body, hair, skincare products
- In-depth knowledge of raw material availability & functionality
- An understanding of UK cosmetics regulations
- Proven project management experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work (HASAW) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Accurate with good attention to detail
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
your application has been submitted