Job Title: Operations Support TechnicianLocation: LiverpoolSalary: £25000 - £27500
A world leading Food / FMCG manufacturer are looking for an Operations Support Technician to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for training and development as you'll be exposed to all areas of the business, gaining a solid understanding of how the company operates through a 2 year training programme, designed to progress your career within other areas of the business.
- Supporting the day to day activities of the site and the work of the Process & Packaging Technicians;
- Be responsible for and operate all ancillary operations including boilers, effluent plant, compressors, pumps etc. Making sure they are well maintained and serviced. This will involve contractor management for specific tasks and developing basic mechanical and electrical skills to ensure the site services are maintained;
- Overseeing the delivery of materials and chemicals by road. Including sampling and product testing and logging results into the relevant information system;
- Develop systems and processes and standard operating procedures to ensure that all operational tasks are documented, safe and auditable;
- Ensuring housekeeping standards are continually improved by carrying out cleaning in line with specific cleaning schedules, as identified during audits and by self-inspection of the area conditions;
- Develop a good understanding of the various processes and be able to provide cover for all areas of the plant.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Manual and Semi Manual process, so good physical fitness, and willingness / ability to work at heights essential;
- Strong positive attitude and 'can do' mentality is essential;
- Ability to work well in a team and have the self-motivation to work independently;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Manufacturing industry experience ideal;
- Engineering / Maintenance experience / qualifications ideal, not essential;
- Previous dock / shipping experience would be ideal, not essential;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (emails, Word, Excel).
Please apply for the job below, or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an engineering background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch via my contact details above.
SRG - Scientific Recruitment GroupSRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
Our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Operations, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Support, Production, Operations Technician, Support Technician, Shipping, Chemicals.
your application has been submitted