Job Title: Operations Manager (Covid-19 Lab)
Location: North East
Employment Term: 12 month contract
Salary: £47,753 - £51,668 (per annum)
An exciting opportunity has risen with a brand new integrated Covid-19 testing hub based in the North East of England. They are looking to an Operations Manager to lead their team.
This role will be responsible for the operational management of staff within COVID Hub Laboratory and to provide specialised scientific knowledge to assess, plan and undertake competency assessment and training of technical skills to staff, supported by senior scientific staff in each section of the laboratory.
- Manage operational activities within the laboratory and ensure that staff and priorities are reorganised in the face of unexpected situations.
- Support and manage Biomedical Scientists, Healthcare Scientists, Clinical Scientists and Laboratory Support Workers.
- Collaborate with other Health Care Professionals in hospital and community to achieve maximum advantage from planned, co-ordinated patient care.
- Liaise with colleagues, Trusts and external agencies to ensure that appropriate investigations are performed.
- To lead and chair staff briefings at section/laboratory meetings
- To interpret clinical information and make judgements on appropriate laboratory procedures.
- To carry out laboratory diagnostic procedures, validate and authorise results and use specialist judgement and experience in determining further tests that may be required
- BSc in Biomedical Science or similar
- MSc, FIBMS or equivalent level of knowledge
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration is desirable, but not essential
- Previous experience in a Senior Scientific role with supervisory responsibilities
- Extensive experience and in depth specialist knowledge of Microbiology, Virology or molecular genetics
- Firm understanding of UKAS ISO15189 Laboratory accreditation requirements
- Research and development experience
- Experience of and training in undertaking staff appraisals is desirable
- Management qualification or experience is desirable
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies
your application has been submitted