Development Chemist - Coatings/Paints required, Cheshire East. Requiring industrial experience in the development & formulation of paints or coatings
Development Chemist - Coatings/Paints required, Cheshire East. Requiring proven industrial experience in the development and formulation of water- and solvent- based coatings or paint products.
Title: Development Chemist - Coatings/Paints
Location: Cheshire East
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a family-run business based in Cheshire East who specialise in the development and manufacture of decorative and industrial coatings. With their sales increasing significantly over the past 12 months, they are now looking for an experienced Development Chemist to join the team in developing and formulating brand new products for a wide range of customers. This would be a key role in the company's continued expansion and an excellent opportunity for someone with a proven background in the development of paint or coating formulations.
Benefits: A busy and growing company with an already well-established reputation in the paints and coating sector. 37.5 working hours per week, 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. 20 days holiday + 8 statutory days. Workplace pension, employer contributions increase with length of service, discretionary bonus paid annually.
- Planning and undertaking formulation work to product new paint and coatings for various applications
- Evaluating and benchmarking competitor products to inform R&D
- Reformulating and modifying processes to meet the technical demands of customers and applications
- Improving profitability through cost-saving projects on existing product ranges
- Carrying out scale up trials on site
- Coordinating with suppliers to improve value for money and performance of raw materials in formulations
- Providing technical support to customers and resolving product issues
- Contributing to technical and sales meetings, and deputising for the Chief Chemist as required.
- Proven industrial experience in the development of coating or paint formulations
- Degree in Chemistry (or similar) preferred but not essential
- Particular experience with water or solvent based acrylic systems or alkyd resins would be advantageous, but not essential
- Able to manage own projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, development, develop, R&D, research & development, formulate, formulation, formulating, coating, paint, decorative, industrial, construction coatings, elastomer, rubber, latex, silicone, coating, polymer, resin