Scientist - Protein Expression and Purification to provide cell culture expertise and support to the protein production laboratory.
Scientist - Protein Expression and Purification
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Do you have experience in mammalian cell culture and protein purification?
Would you like to work for a unique Biotechnology company with an impressive development portfolio and industry partnerships?
My client's aim is to discover, design and develop the most innovative and effective medicines for patients worldwide, through their world-leading patent-protected technology and platform. They attract leading scientists from around the world to join their team. Their primary focus is the discovery and early development of new medicines originating from their proprietary technology and Structure-Based Drug Design (SBDD) platform capabilities.
They are advancing a broad and deep pipeline of novel medicines across multiple therapeutic areas, including CNS, immuno-oncology, gastroenterology, inflammation and other rare/speciality indications.
They have established partnerships with some of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, including Abbvie, AstraZeneca, Genentech (Roche), Novartis, Pfizer and Takeda; and additionally, with multiple emerging biotechnology companies. Due to continued growth they are looking to hire a Scientist - Protein Expression and Purification at Graduate level or with working experience, to perform a key laboratory based role.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Scientist - Protein Expression and Purification to provide cell culture expertise and support to the protein production laboratory. The Scientist - Protein Expression and Purification will be part of the Protein Expression and Biochemistry group which supports the company drug discovery platform.
Key Responsibilities of the Scientist - Protein Expression and Purification will include;
- Sterile cell culture techniques, handling of adherent and suspension cell cultures using mammalian & insect cells.
- Transient transfection and baculovirus mediated transduction
- Protein expression using a variety of expression systems.
- Perform expression quality control (QC) experiments using methods such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, fluorescence size exclusion chromatography, FACS and radio-ligand binding assays
- Protein purification using affinity and size-exclusion chromatography
- Molecular biology techniques such as PCR, ligation-dependent and independent cloning, plasmid and bacmid purification.
To be considered for the Scientist - Protein Expression and Purification, you'll need the following skills and experience;
- Educated to Master's degree level (Grade 2.1 or equivalent) in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biological Sciences or similar.
- Previous laboratory experience in an industry or research environment is highly desirable
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of aseptic mammalian cell culture
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of protein expression and purification
- Organised, enthusiastic, and comfortable working both autonomously and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly competent user of IT and MS Office applications
Key Words "Biochemistry, MSc, MSci, Graduate, Research assistant, Protein purification, protein expression, cell culture, drug discovery. pharmaceutical, biotechnology"
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706 for further information.