Job Title: Physical Chemist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Pay Rate: £14.53 to £17.09 an hour (circa £27,000 to £32,000 p.a.)
Contract: 12 Months
SRG is working with a leading agrochemical company who are seeking a Physical Chemist to join them at their research and development site in Bracknell.
The Physical Chemist will be responsible for measuring, understanding and modelling the physical properties that we use to help design and develop the next generation of agrochemicals.
- Use a range of experimental techniques to measure the physical properties of new compounds.
- Work with scientists from a range of disciplines to understand the challenges that we face, and to design and develop new methods.
- A PhD or good undergraduate degree in chemistry or a related discipline.
- A practical understanding of commonly-used analytical and chromatographic techniques and technologies.
- Understanding of the how the physical properties of compounds influence their behaviour in biological systems.
- Ability to design and deliver new assays, methods and/or approaches to overcome difficult scientific problems.
- Evidence of working closely with fellow scientists in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Ability to deliver high quality experimental results while working to tight deadlines.
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Theoretical and/or practical understanding of physical organic chemistry.
- Specialist physical or analytical methods, such as electrochemistry or mass spectrometry.
- Other disciplines relevant to agrochemical/pharmaceutical research, such as synthetic chemistry, biochemistry or ADME.
- Computer programming, workflow tools (eg Pipeline Pilot; Knime), cheminformatics or computer-aided drug design.
- Complex, multivariate data analysis.
- Line management or supervisory responsibility and the ability to train and mentor others.
- Academic collaboration and networking, with a record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
A shortlist of applicants will be submitted on Wednesday 25th November so apply online to avoid disappointment. For more information on the role and company contact Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
your application has been submitted