Job Title: ADME Scientist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Pay Rate: £17.09 to £20.09 an hour (circa £32,000 to £37,500 p.a.)
Contract: 12 Months
SRG is working with a leading agrochemical company in Bracknell who are seeking an ADME Scientist to support the early discovery process.
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of ADME approaches, developing new capabilities for in vitro assays, that will be used to help design and develop the next generation of agrochemicals.
- Guide the development of assays to aid understanding of ADME properties across a variety of non-mammalian species.
- Work with scientists from a range of disciplines to understand the challenges faced, and collaborate effectively to ensure that new approaches have maximum impact.
- A PhD or good undergraduate degree in chemistry or a related discipline.
- Broad knowledge of common ADME assays and how they're applied with a proven track record in delivering ADME/DMPK assay results.
- Experience of working in an ADME environment in academia or the pharmaceutical industry. (Experience gained in an industrial placement year will be considered).
- Experience of laboratory automation and plate-based assays.
- Ability to design and deliver new assays, methods and/or approaches to overcome difficult scientific problems.
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Theoretical and/or practical understanding of physical organic chemistry.
- Understanding of how the physical properties of compounds influence their behaviour in biological systems.
- Experience with using or developing in silico ADME or PBPK models.
- Line management or supervisory responsibility and the ability to train and mentor others.
- Academic collaboration, with a record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
A shortlist of applicants will be submitted on Wednesday 25th November so apply online to avoid disappointment. For more information on the role and company contact Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.
your application has been submitted