Shift Process Operator required, based in East Yorkshire. Requiring previous experience of operating plant equipment in a chemical, petrochemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing or processing environment. Good Health & Safety appreciation for bulk liquid handling and associated procedures.
Title: Shift Process Operator (Days & Nights)
Location: East Yorkshire
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
SRG is working with a well-established company who specialising in the recycling and reprocessing of petrochemicals and other waste chemical products. With an increase in demand for their services, they are now looking hire a Process Operator to join the Production Team at their site in East Yorkshire. This role will involve bulk chemical handling and processing, using reactor, pump, blending and centrifuge equipment, as well as FLT driving and off-loading incoming tankers. It would be an ideal role for an experienced Process Operator, with a background in chemical, petrochemical or pharmaceutical manufacture or processing.
Benefits: You will join a friendly and welcoming Production Team in a well-established business. Shift Working Hours: 4x 12-hours, Monday - Friday. Days: 6am - 6pm / Nights: 6pm - 6am. Rotating weekly.
Full training provided, on Days only until completion of training. 30 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) and pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Handling and processing chemicals in bulk volumes
- Off-loading of incoming tankers
- Operating plant equipment, including reactors, blending tanks, filtration tanks, centrifuges and pumps
- Driving and operating Forklift Trucks (training provided if needed)
- Accurately following procedures, as well as instrument and meter reading
- Supplying samples to the testing lab as necessary
- Reporting production issues to senior staff as required
- Previous experience of processing or manufacturing chemicals, petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals or similar in a plant/production environment
- Able to safely operate a range of plant equipment
- Good Health & Safety awareness and appreciation
- Good communication and maths skills
- FLT Licence advantageous but not essential
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: operator, chemical, operative, process, production, processing, reprocessing, manufacturing, blending, plant, technician, centrifuge, petrochemical, pharmaceutical
your application has been submitted