Job Title:Senior Research Scientist - Biochemistry
Pay Rate:£21.34 an hour (£40,000 p.a.)
Job Title: Senior Research Scientist - Biochemistry
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 Months
Pay Rate: Up to £21.34 an hour (circa £40,000 per annum) DOE
SRG is working with a global agrochemical company based in Bracknell whose range of crop protection products includes herbicides, fungicides and insecticides. They are currently seeking a Senior Research Scientist to support early stage herbicide discovery activities.
- Design and run in-vitro biochemical, biophysical or kinetic assays to characterise the potency of small molecules for their molecular target.
- Design and run plant-based assays to understand the mode of action of novel herbicide leads.
- Support teams who optimise herbicides by providing potency information from front end screens.
- Hold a degree, preferably PhD, in Biochemistry, Biochemical Pharmacology or a relevant scientific subject.
- Post-graduate or postdoctoral research experience in a relevant professional or academic environment.
- In-depth knowledge of receptor biology or enzymology and ideally practical experience of working with membrane proteins.
- Experience with ligand-binding or small-molecule inhibition assays is necessary, evidence of testing compounds and how they inhibit proteins.
- Record of working with and influencing others through your scientific knowledge and experience.
A shortlist of applicants will be submitted on Monday 26th October so apply online today to avoid disappointment. Get in touch with Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248 for more information on the role and company.
Interviews are currently expected to take place the week commencing 2nd November.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search