JOB TITLE: Laboratory Manager
DIVISION: COVID-19 Pandemic Laboratory
LOCATION: UK Wide
CONTRACT: Variety of Contracts (Typically 6 - 12 Months +)
CLIENT: SRG engaged with Multiple High-Level Clients seeking this candidate profile
SALARY: Competitive and Negotiable
SRG's COVID-19 Response Team is currently engaged with a number of high-profile clients looking for Laboratory Manager's to assist in their COVID-19 laboratory testing projects. If you are looking for this type of role and you are available, we should have a role for you within close proximity to your preferred location. Please read below and if you meet the essential requirements and can demonstrate the skills required, then please apply today and the recruitment team will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your application.
The COVID-19 pandemic presents the business community with several unique challenges. Recent evidence suggests that a majority of people infected with the disease could be asymptomatic carriers, meaning they can carry and transmit the disease, whilst not showing any symptoms. Traditional screening methods, such as checking temperature and oxygen levels are ineffective in detecting these asymptomatic carriers, who can be highly contagious. Development of a vaccine or herd immunity are not certainties and there are no guarantees either can be achieved in the short to medium term.
Because of these challenges, attention is starting to shift to how business can recommence operations in this new world. As businesses start to re-open it's vital that they protect workers and customer's safety. As we prepare for the winter months and with signs of a second wave coming into effect, the UK's testing capacity is needing to grow. SRG is currently working with multiple high profile organisations, where you will be required to put your previous experience to valuable use and support the COVID recovery efforts to help reopen society and the economy.
As a Laboratory Manager, you will be responsible for the operational delivery of a quality SARS-Cov-2 laboratory testing programme, executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for one of our high-profile clients.
- Develops appropriate supply chain strategy to mitigate any issues with consumable supplies and ensures supply meets testing demands and forecasts.
- Delivery of improved operational flow to increase capacity using lean sigma methodology.
- Implementation of QC processes.
- Collaborates with external consultants to deliver ISO / UKAS accreditation.
- Defines improved equipment & technology for increased test service capacity.
- Develops the appropriate laboratory safety policies and procedures, training, and adherence.
- Assist with hands on testing procedures.
- Develops standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Risk Assessments for all operational process flows from sample receipt through to result interpretation.
- To strictly adhere to BSL 2 precautions and correct use of PPE.
- Participate in the recruitment of new team members.
- Responsible for planning daily, weekly workload in alignment with project timeline and ensuring issues are recorded and communicated appropriately.
- Ensure that all activities performed by his/her team adhere to all standards (GXP, Safety and Security).
- Higher education qualification in a chemical, physical, biological science along with at least 5+ years practical experience (negotiable and open to variety of managerial levels)
- Significant experience working in a BSL-2 Laboratory and practical set-up
- Existing experience with PCR methods (i.e. qPCR, rtPCT) and/or LAMP is required
- Have good knowledge of microbiology, ideally virology and diagnostic techniques
- Have extensive experience of high-volume microbiology or virology testing in a laboratory
- Competent in the use of LIMS or equivalent IT platforms
- Good understanding of COSHH regulations and Health and Safety requirements with a preference for IOSH or equivalent certification
- Experience in developing SOPs and Risk Assessments
- Project management skills, ability to be flexible and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis
As mentioned above, if you meet the essential requirements and can demonstrate the skills required, then please apply today and the recruitment team will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your application.
your application has been submitted