Laboratory Supervisor required, based in East Yorkshire. Requiring hands-on laboratory experience gained from industry or university environment. Excellent communication skills needed, as well as confidence to lead 2 junior team members. Applications from recent graduates will be considered.
Title: Laboratory Supervisor
Location: East Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a well-established company specialising in the testing and development of advanced petrochemical products. They now have an opportunity for a Laboratory Supervisor to join the team, overseeing 2 Lab Technicians and supporting their in-house testing service. The role would be ideal for someone with existing laboratory experience or equally a recent Science graduate looking for a great start to their career in the chemicals industry. Any experience of UKAS standards or supervisory/leadership experience (not necessarily in a lab) would be considered advantageous.
Benefits: A key position of responsibility with an industry leader in their field. Full training provided, with opportunities to develop professionally and deputise for the Lab Manager in future. 37.5 working hours per week, worked 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday. 28 days holiday, including bank holidays, increasing with length of service. Pensions and option for subsidised private healthcare.
Role / Description
- Coordinating the daily laboratory testing schedule and activities of 2 Laboratory Technicians in analysing in-process and finished product samples
- Supporting Technicians as needed with testing including viscosity, density, elemental analysis, composition analysis - as well as other industry-specific tests
- Taking samples from plant (may involve safely accessing tanks at height)
- Liaising with production to resolve quality issues and advise on out of specification samples
- Calibration and verification of laboratory equipment, documenting for UKAS standards
- Recording-keeping in line with UKAS standards, updating test methods and audit trails as necessary
- Deputising for the Laboratory Manager as needed
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Forensic Science or similar
- Hands-on experience of using laboratory equipment in an industrial or academic environment (university practicals considered applicable)
- Leadership or supervisory experience considered advantageous (does not need to be in a technical capacity)
- Knowledge of quality standards e.g. UKAS / ISO 17025 / ISO 9001 beneficial but not essential
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, with strict timelines, and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong communication skills, diplomatic and resilient.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, chemistry, forensic science, analysis, testing, wet chemistry, UKAS, 17025, ISO, contract testing, degree, supervisor, BSc, MChem, East Yorkshire, Grimsby, Hull, Beverley, Goole, Scunthorpe, Humberside
your application has been submitted