SRG & Synergy is looking for a Laboratory manager to oversee the implementation of a SARS-Cov-2 testing laboratory in the North West.
SRG & Synergy is working in an exclusive partnership to offer solutions for businesses to test human biological samples for SARS-Cov-2, in order to recommence their operations in this new world. We are looking for a Laboratory Manager who can oversee the day-to-day operations and line management of scientists during initial implementation of a lab in the North West.
Job Title: Laboratory Manager
Vacancy type: Contract
Area: North West
The role is responsible for the operational delivery of a quality Sars-Cov-2 laboratory testing programme, you will be pivotal in developing optimised procedures and ensuring maintenance of quality and HSE standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Implementation of QC processes.
- Develops appropriate laboratory safety policies and procedures, training and adherence.
- Develop SOPs and Risk Assessments for operational process flows.
- Responsible for planning daily and weekly workload in alignment with project timeline and ensuring issues are recorded and communicated appropriately.
- Primary point of contact for the client management team and Synergy team.
- Educated to an MSc or PhD level in a scientific related discipline and at least 8 years practical experience, lab management experience desirable.
- Significant experience working in a BSL-2 Laboratory and practical set-up.
- Extensive experience of microbiology, ideally virology and diagnostic techniques.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Grace Loughrey on 0161 868 2212 or email email@example.com.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search