Scientist - Diagnostic Assay DevelopmentPermanentCambridge£ Competitive, plus excellent benefits packageScope of role:
* Acting as a pivotal member of an experienced team, delivering products to the market throughout the product development lifecycle - from design, experimental validation, and presentation of findings.
* You will demonstrate a strong technical grasp of diagnostic assays, and assimilate new technical protocols, working collaboratively with the team and wider business.
* Your commercial awareness and strong communication skills will be essential to the client-facing part of this role, alongside your exemplary laboratory practice.
* Interfacing with the diagnostic assay team to set up and assist in ongoing projects, as well as clients - to report on progress, remedial measures and suggest improvements
* Engineering cost-effective and rapid solutions to meet demands in supply, quality and output of the diagnostic assays, to meet client needs
* Project Management - define and manage projects from conception, to final launch of product
* Creation of sophisticated solutions to intricate technical problems - providing coaching and guidance to others in the team to achieve the overall client objective(s)
* PhD in a Biological discipline (or equivalent)
* Significant practical experience with diagnostic assay development in q-PCR, RT-q-PCR, ELISA, LAMP, or related, with a minimum of 5 years commercial experience
* Familiar with working to ISO 13485/17025 regulations - or a highly regulated environment
* Good understanding of the applications for POC diagnostics and clinical settings
* Solid knowledge base within molecular and cellular biochemistry alongside modern analytical method
* Project Management experience, some technical leadership and proven client-facing experience
* Comfortable working in a multidisciplinary environment, which is highly collaborative and hands-onIf this describes you, and your next role in Molecular Science, then we want to hear from you.
Apply now, by attaching your CV in Word, or contact Bec Johnston for a further conversation about this exciting opportunity: bec.johnston@srgtalent / 01223 607858.
your application has been submitted