Technical Director/Chief Technical Officer - Diagnostic Testing
Permanent- Remote based UK (with frequent travel)
2020 has brought new challenges to everyone and every business is having to respond to the current pandemic. Are you driven by being at the forefront of this evolving field? Are you an excellent Senior Scientific Leader with commercial acumen?
If so, SRG are recruiting for a Technical Director that is directly involved in supporting novel diagnostic testing solutions to businesses across the globe. The business provides on site and remote testing facilities to enable safety of workforces and continuation of business in this new era. You will also support the strategic development of the business beyond COVID including the review of new product strategies and market opportunities
Your day to day responsibilities will be:
* Ongoing assessment of existing technology and laboratory processes; creating a faster, more efficient and high quality diagnostic testing process.
* Accountable for all technical leadership and delivery across the business.
* Service provision spanning multiple national laboratories (Mobile laboratories, Site laboratories, and 'pop up' laboratories).
* Responsible for creating and leading the team of scientists that deliver the business objectives.
* Implementing and ensuring adherence to strict quality standards
* Creating and implementing robust, rigorous and regular reporting of business Key Performance Indicators & criteria (for example reagent usage, test turnaround time, test accuracy)
* Driving a commercial awareness and ethos within the business without compromising quality or safety
* Assessment and delivery of the technical services roadmap - assessing new testing technologies and managing their introduction
* Contribution to commercial tenders, marketing, and technology/service sales.
To be successful you will have a strategic mindset coupled with a strong technical leadership background. As Technical Director you will have a background within PCR based testing processes, or other forms of assay testing (Diagnostic testing, DNA based Forensic testing, Biomarkers or other relevant fields). You will be experienced in operating at a senior level and managing teams across multiple locations. You'll be a visionary and able to bring new innovative (but commercially viable) ideas to the business relating to operations, testing and scientific methods.
To find out more about this role reach out to Hannah Mason at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below today.
your application has been submitted