Title: Microbiology Supervisor
Location: North West
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus and pension.
SRG are currently working with a global pharmaceutical company in the North West of England, who are looking for a Microbiologist to lead and supervise their QC department.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to take that step from "team leader" to manager/supervisor. Offering you the chance to be involved in management of a larger team, driving and improving process improvement activities, not just within your team across the site.
- To schedule the activities of the team in accordance with the Lean Lab solution, monitoring and approving holidays, sickness absence and training/competence position of all associates.
- The monitoring of associated KPIs being used to adapt plans accordingly.
- To review and approve data generated from testing and to bring to the attention of the Team Manager and other site personnel test results and any trends, out of specification results. In addition, where appropriate perform the required transactions to release materials.
- To co-ordinate department cGMP systems, such as deviation management, closure of corrective and preventative actions, change controls and SOPs.
- To participate in improvement project teams where required driving quality decisions and provide advice and technical support where required.
- Be educated to BSc level, or equivalent within a life science related subject.
- Proven experience within a GMP Microbiology environment.
- Confident manager, able to comfortably manage a medium sized team. Able to ensure that laboratory instruments are qualified, calibrated and properly maintained and that documentation complies with cGMP standards.
- Able to support with method development activities, to cGMP standards.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Daniel Nightingale on 0161 868 2205 or email email@example.com
your application has been submitted