An exciting opportunity has risen for a Senior Downstream Process Scientist to join an innovative organisation that develop Agritech and Food & Feed products in the North East. They are looking to hire a candidate who can assist in the development of manufacturing next-generation products that can improve the environment and economic growth of the UK.
Job Title: Senior Scientist (Downstream Process Development)
Vacancy type: Permanent
Area: North East
SRG is working with an innovative biotech organisation who are expanding their Downstream Processing team. The role is a critical part of the business and is responsible for leading projects to develop and optimise recovery and purification processes for the large-scale manufacturing of a variety of Agritech products such as carbohydrates, lipids, proteins & biochemical products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as technical lead in small-medium scale projects and projects of some complexity.
- Design, lead and perform experiments to develop optimise and scale up recovery and separation processes for the manufacture of a variety of bio-based products for applications in the agritech sector.
- Development, optimisation, scale-up and characterisation of isolation-based processing methods such as chromatography and tangential flow filtration techniques and primary recovery/separation based processing methods such as centrifugation, cell disruption, extraction, evaporation, drying and filtration.
- Primary technical contact with clients and third parties, building excellent working relationships.
- Educated to a BSc, MSc or PhD level in a Scientific or engineering discipline and a suitable amount of industry experience.
- Possess significant technical expertise of working in one or more of the following biotechnology sectors; food & feed, agritech.
- Understanding of a range of different products such as proteins, lipids, carbohydrates & platform biochemicals.
Interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this role and require more information, please contact Grace Loughrey on 0161 868 2212 or email email@example.com.
your application has been submitted