Process Development Chemist required on a 12 month fixed-term contract, based in North Cheshire. Requiring experience in running lab-scale or pilot scale reactions and testing end products (viscosity, density, etc.). Background in organic synthesis, purification or distillation preferred.
Title: Process Development Chemist
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience)
Term: 12 month fixed term contract (good prospects for extension/permanent role)
SRG is working with a small but specialised team who focus on the production of speciality chemicals in a multinational company with an excellent reputation. With an upcoming change in EU legislation, they are now looking for a Process Development Chemist to join the team. This will initially be a 12 month contract, to screen and optimise reaction processes for alternative raw materials. This would be an excellent opportunity for a Chemist with experience in running organic chemical reactions and synthesis at a lab or pilot scale, with practical knowledge of testing intermediates and end products too.
Benefits: Highly respected company with an outstanding reputation, excellent benefits and potential for future opportunities. Initially a 12 month contract, with very good prospects for a subsequent extension or permanent role. 36 working hours, 8am-3.45pm, Monday to Friday with some flexibility required to accommodate reaction times. 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days. Option to take extra holidays or a cash bonus in lieu. Enhanced pension scheme and subsidized private healthcare.
Role / Description
- Running and monitoring reactions across 3 specially constructed, lab-scale reactors and test rigs
- Using reactor rigs to screen alternative raw material feedstocks as reactants to achieve comparable end product properties
- Testing reaction products against specifications, including viscosity, density and thermal stability
- Undertaking process optimisation projects to increase likelihood of finding a suitable alternative feedstock
- Altering controls, conditions and parameters as part of optimisation projects
- Recording and reporting on all lab work and results
- Observing and adhering to appropriate Health and Safety procedures with regards to hazardous chemicals and laboratory housekeeping
- Hands-on, industrial experience of conducting organic chemical reactions or synthesis work at lab or pilot scale and testing reaction products
- Minimum HND in Chemistry or similar (degree preferred or equivalent experience)
- Self-motivation and good work ethic
- Strong appreciation of health & safety, has ideally worked previously with hazardous chemicals
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, chemical reaction, reaction, reactant, process, chlorination, organic, synthesis, reaction rig, test rig, synthetic chemistry, laboratory, application, screening, screen, viscosity, density, thermal stability, development, R&D, HNC, HND, degree, BSc, MChem, MSc
your application has been submitted