Health and Safety Advisor
This is a newly created role for an exciting and growing scientific organisation based in Braintree, Essex.
The site currently has capacity for cell and gene manufacturing within the grade D and C clean rooms. It is also being readied for a vaccine manufacturing project, with the possibility of being configured to meet the demands of the main production processes currently under consideration for volume vaccine production.
- Coordination of all H&S protocols to ensure a safe environment by identifying and mitigating risks to health.
- Contributing to statutory training and reporting of H&S directives to ensure the company meets its' objectives.
- Coordinate and manage the development and production of H&S policies and distribute accordingly, depending on the location of the site (laboratory, office, public areas etc).
- Ensuring the regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Coordinate with cross-function "Safety Champions" to ensure correct message regarding H&S policy and updates is disseminated effectively.
- Document all near misses including observations and recommended corrective actions.
- Establish a programme of audits, H&S inspections, fire drills, risk assessments and lone working procedures and that all employees affected are aware of their obligations.
- Liaison with external H&S consultants in order to provide training programmes and H&S services where required.
- Take part in monthly stakeholder meetings to broadly update on H&S matters and activities.
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar role, with 5 years minimum industry experience
- NEBOSH (general) and NEBOSH (Environmental)
- Up to date knowledge of COSHH with applicable training experience
- Proven understanding of providing legally compliant advice to line managers
- Having had responsibility for H&S investigations and the subsequent actions required
- Proven skillset in formulating, developing and implementing H&S policies and procedures
- Highly confidential values
- Professional, common sense and methodical approach
- Able and confident of working alone with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish rapport, build trust and exert strong influencing skills
Sound like your next move?
Are you looking for an opportunity within H&S for a growing and flourishing organisation in a highly specialist scientific industry?
If so, then please apply now attaching your CV in Word, or for further information about this opportunity please call Bec Johnston on 01223 607858 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted