Job title: Hazard Evaluation Scientist
Location: North East
SRG are working with a Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation based in the North East of England. They are currently looking for a Hazard Evaluation Scientist to join their Research & Development Group. The role will provide technical expertise on Process Safety related matters to support projects at both our UK and US sites.
You will be working part of a small lab-based team and your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all chemical processes are properly assessed prior to scale up in the laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing for process safety hazards.
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team in identifying potential reactive hazards
- Heavily involved in laboratory testing including thermal stability screening, adiabatic calorimetry, reaction calorimetry, dust explosion testing
- Reviewing literature reviews to support your hazard evaluations.
- Evaluating data to prepare and write up reports based on experimental reports
- Ideally educated to PhD level in a relevant subject e.g. Chemistry
- Proven experience in performing assessments of chemical process hazards
- Able to collate and evaluate data and results and report writing
- Experience or knowledge of laboratory testing e.g., thermal stability screening or reaction calorimetry
- Proven experience working with internal and external stakeholder groups
- Ideally worked in a highly regulated industry i.e. GMP
- Able to manage multiple priorities
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
your application has been submitted