Technical Lead - Enzymatic Synthesis
Key words: Gene synthesis, assembly, enzyme, molecular biology, multidisciplinary, DNA synthesisRole profile:
Working with a multi-faceted team of biologists, chemists, engineers, software developers and physicists, this role gives great exposure to the inner-workings of a revolutionary Biotech start-up based in Cambridge.
You will work as part of the Gene and Enzymatic synthesis team and report to the Technical Lead.
Key duties will cover, but are not limited to:
* Development of new enzymes for enzymatic DNA synthesis through the design and execution of protein engineering programmes.
* Kinetic and stability characterisation of enzymes - design, develop and characterise new assays.
* Development of new approaches in order to screen and adapt enzymes and optimise existing workflows.
* Process transfer from early stage results to tech transfer and development.* Developing and presenting plans, results, SOPs to the wider team. Person specification:
* BSc minimum (or equivalent) in Molecular Biology or a related field in Biosciences
* Advanced knowledge of assay development, HTS screening, enzyme characterisation, generation of variant libraries - from within an industrial environment
* Proficient and highly capable with analytical techniques such as: capillary electrophoresis, LC-MS for evaluation of enzyme performance
* Computational approaches in relation to protein engineering and an understanding of product development - beneficial though not essential
* Independent thinker and worker, but able to contribute to the "bigger picture" and collaborate within a multidisciplinary environment
* Able to work productively within a demanding and agile culture, requiring continuous personal development Does this sound like it could be the next role for you?Does your CV demonstrate the key points outlined above?Please apply with a CV in Word, or contact Bec Johnston for a further conversation: email@example.com / 01223 607858
your application has been submitted