JOB TITLE: H&S Manager
LOCATION: Field / Home based (occasional travel required to specific sites)
CONTRACT: 6 Months + (likely extended)
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000 p/a (negotiable)
Synergy SRG are currently looking for a Health & Safety Manager to ensure all work we undertake is completed to current legislation, delivered safely and all our employees, customers and members of the public are not exposed to any health or safety issues as a result of the work we complete and deliver. This role will form part of a UK & European based project, directly involved in diagnostic testing for the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Coordination of all H&S protocols to ensure a safe environment by identifying and mitigating risks to health.
- Devise and roll-out the H&S policy across all areas of the business.
- Contributing to statutory training and reporting of H&S directives to ensure the company meets it's objectives.
- Coordinate and manage the development and production of H&S policies and distribute accordingly, depending on the location of the site (laboratory, office, public areas etc).
- Ensuring the regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Coordinate with all sites to ensure correct message regarding H&S policy and updates is disseminated effectively.
- Document all near misses including observations and recommended corrective actions.
- Establish a programme of audits, H&S inspections, fire drills, risk assessments and lone working procedures and that all employees affected are aware of their obligations.
- Liaison with external H&S consultants in order to provide training programmes and H&S services where required.
- Take part in stakeholder meetings to broadly update on H&S matters and activities.
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH qualified or working towards certificate accreditation
- Up to date knowledge of COSHH with applicable training experience
- Proven understanding of providing legally compliant advice to line managers
- Having had responsibility for H&S investigations and the subsequent actions required
- Proven skillset in formulating, developing =com and implementing H&S policies and procedures
- Highly confidential values
- Professional, common sense and methodical approach
- Able and confident of working alone with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish rapport, build trust and exert strong influencing skills
Apply online, or call Nathan McCarron to discuss on 0161 868 2234.
your application has been submitted