Excellent opportunity for candidates at Senior Scientist level working within Tech Transfer/Scale up of Purification and Conjugation methods.
Senior Biochemist (Scale up/Technical Transfer)
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: Competitive based on experience (+ Benefits)
Skills: Bioconjugation, Protein Purification, Microparticles, Surface Chemistry, Technical Transfer/Scale Up.
Do you hold industry experience working on the scale up of processes and transferring from Development to Manufacture? Have you worked with Bioconjugates and Microparticles and the methods within their analysis and characterisation?
SRGSearch are working exclusively in collaboration with a successful IVD Development company, experiencing continued success with large expansion plans over the next two years. We are leading the recruitment for a Senior Biochemist to join their R&D team, working on the development of IVD Reagents, and the scale up and transfer of these and related processes to manufacture.
The main responsibilities will include:
* Leading of a small team of Scientists and Technicians within the Development group.
* Scale up of Reagents processes from R&D scale through to manufacturing scale.
* Optimisation of antibody-particle binding and antibody labelling chemistry in volume.
* Optimisation of protein and particle purification methods (FPLC and TFF) improving times and volumes.
* Reporting of technical updates across team and company.
* Input into relevant validation and verification activities.
* Technical review of change controls
To be considered for the Senior Scientist - Bioconjugation position, you will have the following experience:
* Industry experience in protein chemistry (protein and surface chemistry, protein-protein and protein-surface coupling.
* Experience in the use of HPLC and FPLC (AKTA purifier)
* Characterisation techniques to assess antibody conjugate and microparticle performance.
* Experience in the transfer and scale up of methods.
* Candidates with experience in Reagent development will be at an additional advantage though this is not essential.
* Experience within line management, supervising or formal mentoring/guidance of staff.
If you hold the experience needed for a Senior Scientist role, specifically with the above experience or with closely related skills please apply online. For more information contact Hannah Mason on Hannah.Mason@srgtalent.com