Analytical Chemist required, based in North Yorkshire. Minimum degree in Chemistry (or similar) required - applications welcome from recent graduates with little/no industrial experience OR analysts with lab experience in chromatography or mass spectroscopy.
Title: Analytical Chemist
Employment Term: Permanent
Location: North Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - 26,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a UK-based speciality chemical manufacturer who supply their products to a global market. As a key part of their succession planning, they are now looking for a new Analytical Chemist to join the team based at their labs in North Yorkshire. This will involve conducting a variety of analysis on routine and non-routine samples, developing test methods and supporting the wider team with product investigations. It would be a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Analytical Chemist with chromatography or mass-spectrometry knowledge or equally, the company would happily consider applications from recent Chemistry graduates who are keen to learn and develop.
Benefits: Joining a small, supportive team, this role has genuine career prospects and lots of variation day-to-day. Full training provided. 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, company pension and further benefits available through salary sacrifice scheme. 35 working hours per week, 8.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Conducting analysis on raw materials, in-process samples (routine & non-routine) and final products
- Testing samples using a range of techniques including GC, HPLC, MS, Ion Chromatography, Karl Fischer, FTIR, UV-Vis and viscosity.
- Supporting the R&D lab with investigational analysis of synthetic products and formulations
- Calibrating, maintaining and troubleshooting lab equipment, as necessary
- Recording and communicating analytical results appropriately, preparing reports as needed
- Undertaking method development and method validation, with support from senior chemists if needed.
- Degree in Chemistry or similar relevant discipline
- Lab-based experience of chemical analysis - gained at university or in industry
- Any practical or theoretical knowledge of Mass Spectrometry considered advantageous but not essential
- For experienced applicants: experience of method development/validation in HPLC, GC or MS will be beneficial
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Faye Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: graduate, degree, chemistry, chemist, analyst, analytical, analyse, analysis, testing, laboratory, chemicals, QC, quality control, wet chemistry, MS, mass spec, mass spectrometry, GC, gas chromatography, HPLC, FTIR, UV-Vis, ion chromatography, GC-MS, lab technician, method validation, method development
your application has been submitted