SRG are currently working with a global-leading agrochemical / plant science organisation based close to Reading, who are looking for a Research Tech
Title: Research Technician - Seed Tech Support
Rate: £11.84 p/h (circa £22,000 p/a)
Location: Jealott's Hill, UK
Contract: 6 Months
Start Dare: ASAP
SRG are currently working with a global-leading agrochemical / plant science organisation based close to Reading, who are looking for a Research Technician to join them within seed technology support ASAP, by producing and maintaining Plant material and seeds.
The job holder will work in either Horticultural operations or Seed supply and EPS operations within Weed Control and will be required to supply and maintain screening material using established and novel production techniques. The work can be physically demanding at times as responsibilities include preparation and movement of large numbers of plant units and extensive glasshouse working.
- Carry out day-to-day production and maintenance of plant materials to a standard that meets customers' requirements. Highlight problems promptly.
- Liaise with other staff in the Horticultural Operations Team to ensure a high level of customer support and satisfaction is being maintained.
- Develop technical knowledge and skills through experience of a wide range of production techniques.
- Identify areas for improvements in efficiency and contribute to problem solving in consultation with other team members and supervisor.
- Contribute to safety performance by maintaining a clean and safe personal working environment. Comply with all safety procedures and HSE regulations.
- Ensure compliance by self with DEFRA, CBD, QMS and HSE regulations on containment and use of genetically modified organisms and licensed plant material in glass-houses, growth rooms and labs.
- BSc. Degree, A levels, or Horticultural qualification related to Plant Science, or relevant experience in a related field preferred
- Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of plant biology; ideally also with knowledge of weed control and horticultural techniques.
- Use of Microsoft office programs
- Good analytical, organisational, and people skills.
Click the link to apply or contact Nathan McCarron via 0161 868 2234 or Nathan.McCarron@srgtalent.com.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search