Title: Plant Technician - Research Associate
Rate: £11.84 p/h
Location: Jealott's Hill, UK
Contract: 12 month contract with extensions highly likely.
SRG are currently working with a Global agricultural and plant sciences company in Jealotts's Hill, based in between Maidenhead and Bracknell. This role is in the "Weed Control Group" where you will be contributing to the research and development of novel herbicidal products. Your main focus will be to spray, maintain and assess herbicide research projects, using established and novel weed screening methods. Full training is provided.
This role is dynamic, fun and will involve getting stuck in with manual handling and sometimes getting a bit dirty! Not only will you be contributing results to the team, you will be moving a large number of plants and have the opportunity to work in the glasshouses.
- Working independently to maintain plants under glass house conditions
- Watering, spraying, harvesting and monitoring various plant species
- Evaluate plants for any disease
- Be proactive and take initiative in the office, glass house and labs.
- Identifying tasks and completing them with minimal supervision.
- Move large amount of seeds and plants using the equipment provided
Ideal qualifications or experience:
- A degree or A levels or similar level of qualification in a science subject.
- Biology or Environmental modules would be beneficial for your understanding of the role.
- Previous experience working with plants/crops/seeds/horticulture whether from academia/volunteering/employment is highly desirable.
- Having you own mode of transport would be beneficial due to the location of the site
If you would like to join a fantastic working environment, with 31.5 days holiday per year (plus banks) and work a 36 hour week then please get in touch.
Click the link to apply or send your CV directly to Sarah at Sarah.Meredith@srg.co.uk or call 0161 868 2249.
Key words: horticulture / plant / science / botany / seed / crop / wheat / garden / environment / biology / greenhouse / garden /
your application has been submitted
Back to job search