Applications Development Chemist required, based in North Cheshire. Requiring proven experience in formulation of coatings, paints, adhesives, binders, plastisols, cosmetics, household products, catalysts, agrichemicals, drilling fluids or similar.
Title: Applications Development Chemist
Employment Term: Permanent
Location: North Cheshire
Salary: £38,000 - £48,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a company based in North Cheshire who manufacture speciality chemical additives with applications in a huge range of industries. With an impending retirement, the R&D Team are now looking for a new Applications Development Chemist to screen and evaluate their additives in formulation, with a view to improving performance and expanding product applications and markets. This would be an excellent opportunity for a Chemist experienced in formulation and associated performance testing - particularly of products such as coatings, paints, binders, adhesives, plastisols, cosmetics, household products, catalysts, drilling fluids, agrichemicals or similar.
Benefits: You will join a dynamic and forward-thinking team in a highly successful company, with opportunities to travel to Europe and on course to be a future leader. 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays. Company pension scheme and annual bonuses. 38 hours per week, worked flexibly with core hours of 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Incorporating existing and novel inorganic materials/additives into a wide range of formulations for evaluation purposes
- Undertaking applications testing of formulations to evaluate functionality and demonstrate effectiveness
- Using test results to inform and improve R&D process, optimise performance in end products and explore potential new applications/markets
- Reviewing existing formulation test systems, improving and validating methodologies for to enhance testing capability and data capture
- Travelling to European sites to support further applications work and technical service
- Preparing technical literature, delivering product presentations and training to sales and tech service teams
- Researching (via patents/literature), attending conference and networking to seek out new applications, customers, competitors and markets
- Proven industrial experience in formulation chemistry - including Design of Experiment (DoE) and evaluation of formulations
- Product experience with coatings, paints, binders, adhesives, plastisols, cosmetics, household products, catalysts, drilling fluids, agrichemicals or similar
- Minimum degree in Chemistry or related discipline
- Customer-oriented, innovative mind set and able to apply lateral thinking to problems
- Adaptable and able to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Confident in communicating and networking with technical and non-technical peers
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com
For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: formulation, chemist, applications, development, formulating, formulator, formulate, chemistry, coatings, paints, binders, adhesives, plastisols, cosmetics, household products, catalysts, drilling fluids, agrichemicals, degree, BSc, MChem, MSc, rheology, rheology modifiers, colloids, colloidal,
your application has been submitted